Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Why are People Not Beating Down My Door?


If someone promised to train you and place you with a first year salary of $56,000 and a second year salary in the $80,000 range plus benefits in this job market, you would guess that I would have people lining up at my door from morning to night and I would have to hire a few bouncers to keep control of the crowd.

Well I can report that I currently have about 30-40 students in training and I have a nice manageable number of trainees.

I think that the simple answer on why I have not been overwhelmed with crowds is that, what I offer and do, sound to good to be true.  Our parents have warned us that if it sounds too good to be true, then it cannot be true and I think that is the reason why I not beating people off with a stick.

In a way I am glad that I am not overwhelmed with crowds.  I would have a hard time turning people away when they come to me for help.

I wrote the below letter to be published in the Detroit Telugu Association Newsletter, I am not sure how many changes they will make before it is published, but the below is the full original letter that I have sent to them to get published.


I have been reading about all the unemployed in the Detroit area and I wanted to make sure that anybody that wanted to work is working.  I just wanted to point out that the Information Technology market place is red hot.

All these consulting companies in Detroit are a real asset to our community.  Most of the consulting companies are teaching cutting edge technologies, and if any of you are decently smart and are unemployed or underemployed then you really need to attend an IT training course and get placed.  I know that it sounds almost unbelievable the capabilities these companies have, but I absolutely promise you that it is true.

In the last one year, VXL Training has trained unemployed Americans, Green Card Holders, Masters Students, and Housewives and placed them all.  We have placed close to 100 people that were not working before.  I do not think that we are special or unique; I think you will find most consulting companies would provide you with similar stories.

The training is typically FREE for recent Masters Gradates, but for the rest the cost is typically $1000-$2500 and it may sound like a steep price to get trained, but this is a very small price to pay to start on the first step of a career.

I own VXL Training and I have seen how successful we have been in helping people, and I just wanted to let our community know our capabilities so that we can help others in our community succeed.

My own sister’s son had graduated with a communications degree and I was asking him to come to VXL Training for a long time, so that I could train him and place him into a career.  But he chose to not believe in our capability and tried to land a job on his own.  For one year he applied for every job possible with absolutely no luck.  Finally when he felt he had tried everything and was left with no more options he finally came to VXL Training.  It has been exactly 90 days from the day he landed in Detroit and I am happy to say that we have placed him as a Business Analyst at a Fortune 50 company.  The person that came to me 90 days back was an unemployed American with no special skill sets to set him apart in the market place, the person that left us is now very confident and knows that he can get a job as a Business Analyst anytime he wants.

I get so many people question why we are more successful in training and placing students then colleges.  The answer is a combination of factors, but generally:

1)      Job Focused Training
2)      Intensive Hands On Practice
3)      Interview Preparation
4)      Market Driven Training – We only teach what is in Demand

If you have any questions, please email or call me and I would be happy to try and help you.

Sincerely,
Vijay Madala
248-797-4990