Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Is Placement Guaranteed?

Is placement guaranteed?  I just got this question, again, for the umpteenth time.

Listen everybody, I am going to say it one last time. 

Nothing in Life is Guaranteed!!!!!!

If life was that easy, then each and everyone of us would be a millionaire. 

To be conservative about 70-80% of my students get placed.  (I think the it is even higher).

I will get you the best teachers for the subjects that you take with us and I will spend whatever it takes to get you trained and placed.

Sometimes the way I am and what drives me is almost a curse.  I strive to have the BEST.  I strive to be the BEST.  I work tirelessly and spend everything I have to achieve that.

I see most of my friends reduce costs in their company and stash all the money they can into investments.  Money does not drive me.  What drives me is perfection.  What drives me is to be the best at what I do.  I see all my friends with millions in investments, but I do not think that I will ever get there, because as much as I make, which is a lot, I will continue to spend most of it on improving our facilities for students so that each batch of new students will have a better experience with us.

I see all the other consulting companies squeeze every penny and keep buying land in India or buying Gold or other silly investments.  I can guarantee you that I will never do that.

In the end I may not end up super rich, but I will know that I effected my students lives in a positive way, and that makes me super happy.