Wednesday, February 16, 2011

SAP Training and Americans

We have been running our SAP courses for a few years now and it still surprises me that 99% of my students are Indian.

I would guess that the American students currently in college do not understand the market place or the potential for SAP.

If Americans knew of the potential, I am sure they would be kicking my doors down to take SAP training.

Here is a lifecycle for typical SAP students with us.

Day 1-2, 8-9, 15-16, 22-23, 29-30, 36-37 - Theory Class

Day 3-7, 10-14, 17-21, 24-28, 31-35, 38-42 - 8 hours a day of practice and reading that we have assigned to you

The below only applies to our students who sign up with us for marketing.

Day 42-72 Small Group Discussion - We will assign you real world issues faced by our current consultants and you will need to discuss these with your classmates and come up with a solution.  We do one major issue a day for 30 days.

Day 73-103 Marketing and Placement

The beauty in SAP is that there is no finite end point.  There is no stagnation.  It is so vast that you can keep learning and growing in your career for your entire life.

Let me give you an example.  You start with SAP FICO, then you can move into FSCM, then Treasuries, then Cash management, then IS-Banking.

But if you take say, COGNOS, you learn that tool and there is no real growth beyond that except to learn the latest version of the same tool.

I wish I could scream at every one of the decently smart American kids I know to tell them what I know and encourage each and everyone of them to take SAP.  But I am not sure they would really understand the potential.

Salary potential for first year is about $60,000-$80,000, and each year you will increase by $20,000 to $30,000  a year till you reach, by your 4th year, $200,000 and above. 

Being an American myself, here I am serving the Indian Students from India that do know the truth and the potential.  I am not complaining, I am happy that I can provide a quality service to them, but I wish I could my help my fellow Americans as well.