Sunday, March 4, 2012

Guest House Remodeling

I went to the guest office a few days back and there were a whole bunch of small things wrong that I found immediately that no one told me about.  I had not visited the Guest House since we had bought it.  Then I got to the kitchen and found that the dishwasher was unplugged.  So I asked in the office and they told me that it kept breaking and they simply unplugged it, since it was costing so much to fix it each time.  They even blamed the kids and told me that they were messing it up and did not know how to use a dishwasher.  There is no way College Graduates with masters degree do not know how to use a dishwasher as to make it breakdown.  The likely scenario is that the dishwasher was old or the drain was clogged and hence the leaky dishwasher.  But to tell me that my kids do not know how to use a dishwasher is ridiculous.

I called in Lance my handyman and since the appliances were old, I am remodeling the entire kitchen.  So why am I spending $10,000 to redo the entire kitchen?  The answer if very simply.  If I was staying in the guest house, would I be happy with something.  There is no way I could stay somewhere where there was no dishwasher, especially with 6 people staying together.  I could make do with the old stove that was there, but I figured, now that I started, might as well fix up everything.  So here we are, with a big huge repair bill to fix every small little thing that is wrong in the guest house.

No kids, I am spending a lot of money on fixing up and upgrading everything, please treat the property with respect.  After you leave other students need to stay there and it is important that they have a good experience also. 

I want my kids to be happy when they are with me and this is something that simply had to be done, so yes I really did spend $10,000 to fix up the guest house.